The motorized vehicle policy is in place to ensure the safety of guests and staff. Responsibility for compliance with this policy rests with the owner of the vehicle as well as with the driver and riders.
- All vehicles MUST STAY ON ESTABLISHED ROADs, not on the grass, in forested areas, trails, etc.
- Drivers must abide by all traffic rules (speed limit 20 km/h, stop signs, right of way to pedestrians, etc.)
- Vehicles must be parked in designated vehicle parking areas, not on the grass or sidewalks.
- Use of vehicle must be in accordance with the operator safety manual – e.g. number of riders equal to number of seats.
- Any vehicles without working headlamps and tail lights must not be used after dusk.
Golf Carts and Utility Vehicles
- Vehicles in this category are designed for transportation, rather than recreation
- Golf carts and utility vehicles must be registered and display a valid MBC permit number. See Campground Office staff for registration.
- Guests driving golf carts and utility vehicles must have a valid driver’s license – G2 or higher.
- Proof of liability insurance is required for registration.
Dirt Bikes, ATV’s, Off-Road Side-by-Sides
- Dirt bikes, ATV’s and off-road side-by-sides are not permitted anywhere on the grounds.
- Snow Machines must be registered, and must display a valid MBC permit sticker.
- Your permit sticker allows you to drive your snow machine across MBC property only for the purpose of accessing nearby OFSC trails or other offsite locations. Recreational use of a snow machine on MBC property is not permitted.
- Snow machines must be insured.
- Maximum speed 20 km/h.
- Drivers and passengers must wear approved helmets.
- Drivers must have a valid driver’s license (G2 or greater).
- Drivers / owners will receive one verbal warning if not in compliance with this policy.
- A second offense will initiate a written letter of reminder to the owner.
- A third offence will result in a registered written trespass notice, enforceable by law.
- It is our desire that the second and third steps will never need to be taken.